Thursday, September 23, 2010

Re-charged

Finally, lastnight, I slept well, and can perhaps say I have adjusted to the time change. This was helped by not having to go to work until 2pm, and being able to sleep until I woke. When I was ready, I resumed my search for a battery charger. The whole process has been a bit like a treasure hunt, getting a step closer each time, being given clues by different people, and following them, only to find I was not there, but was a step closer...I went across the river to an electrical shop, where they had chargers, but not the right one, but they gave me a couple of addresses...the bus ride over there was interesting - I took a different one from before - many buses go to the other side, but they all seem to take roundabout routes, and this one was the most roundabout yet. I went close to the Pyramid (another Norman Foster creation) and beyond it were still more futuristic looking buildings....another day I will get off and have a closer look. The bus also went through a poorer, more rundown area where I will also get off another day.

I had to be at work for 2 to meet a Notary and sign a piece of paper. That was the extent of work today :-) It was also the first day for students, who were introduced to the university and registered, etc.

After that, I asked a local at work about the battery charger, and was helped by a couple of phone calls, and told where I could (hopefully) find one. I went there, found the place, bought a charger, came back and left the battery to do its stuff and went for dinner. When I came back, it was clearly working, and I have since been for a drink, and when I came back it was fully charged and so I have been able to add a couple of photos to the previous post, and a couple here...this one is taken from the 'tent' end of the main avenue in the new part...Bayterek in the middle, and the president's palace beyond



and this one taken from a classroom in the university to show how flat it is...


I'll take some from the top floor of the hotel before we leave...

No comments:

Post a Comment